Whenever I feel frustrated, it's usually because I'm struggling to make something happen in my life.
Life is a beautiful and rare gift, but it doesn't always feel that way unless I'm making the impact that I want to make.
If you've been struggling to kick ass and carpe diem, using a list of positive affirmations can help you start building momentum through powerful words that translate into action.
Overcoming Negative Self-Talk
As mean as other people can be, nobody says worse things than you do to yourself. Seriously, if you told your mom that 'she sucks' as often as you tell yourself, she'd be forced to publicly disown you.
Negative self-talk has a reverberating impact that's toxic to your happiness and success. Unfortunately, negative talk is so common in the workplace that even a positive person can be affected by it.
Language is powerful. You can use it to help manifest your dreams. It's the filter that you see the world through. Having a go-to list of positive affirmations is a good proactive way to keep your mind clean of negativity.
Why Tony Robbins Hates Statements of Personal Affirmation
The infamous self-help guru, Tony Robbins, hates using statements of affirmation!
That's right, the king of self-improvement is telling you that affirmations are useless.
Well, not exactly.
Tony just sees the wasted opportunity when people speak affirmations without emotion. According to Tony, when affirmations are done correctly, they're referred to as 'incantations': affirmations that are spoken and felt with passion.
"People are bigger than anything bad that can happen to them"
- Tony Robbins
He transforms an otherwise empty vessel of words into a streamlined self-improvement machine by speaking with emotion.
Having a list of positive affirmations is a lot like having a Ferrari but not knowing how to drive a stick shift. There's a lot of power there, but only if you know how to use it.
You need to say your affirmations with genuine emotion if you want them to have an impact on you.
Without your passion, words are useless. With passion, affirmations are the first step towards making your dreams a reality.
A List of Positive Affirmations For All Occasions
I've put together a list of positive affirmations to get your creative juices flowing.
While I'd be honored if you took my positive affirmations and applied them as-is, I'd be even more excited to hear that you took them and made them your own.
"I'm hotter than a fu**ing furnace!"
- Chief Keef's positive affirmation 4 all occasions.
When You Can't Stop Comparing Yourself to Other People
- I choose to see everyone as a friend and ally.
- I am the embodiment of my highest self.
I can't judge someone without knowing their whole story.
- I am a beacon of love in this world.
- I am an asset to my community.
When You're Angry
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
I accept responsibility for any drama I've caused.
- I apologize for hurting anyone with my anger.
- I attract compassion by focusing on love.
- I can see clearly when I let go of my anger.
When You Need a Good Laugh
- The sand in my pants is from love island.
I am a dragon breathing fire and light into the world!
- I am the captain of this ship!?
- I am a lion of love.
- I hope that my pain is ready to die because I am ready to kill.
When You Feel Like Your Opinion Doesn't Matter
- I have a unique perspective to offer.
- I am powerful when I speak my mind.
- There are people that value what I share even if they don't show it.
When You Feel Lonely
- I love myself unconditionally.
- My cup of love is overflowing.
- I gather strength in my solitude.
- I feel the people who love me standing over me and smiling.
When You're Already Feeling Powerful and Want to Feel Even More Badass
- I am deeply in love with myself.
- I am tapped into the wisdom of the world.
- I embrace the rhythm of my heart.
- I have no limitations.
- I am the most humble person in the world, seriously, no one even comes close to how humble I am. I am the shit.
When You're Nervous or Scared
- I will ground myself through my breathing.
My intuition is the guardian of my heart.
- I am the source of all my strength.
- I trust my instincts.
- I breathe in calmness and breathe out anxiety.
- I am the embodiment of wisdom in my highest self.
When You Feel Like Giving Up
- I know that struggling helps me to grow.
- I am at my best self when I'm facing a challenge.
- My focus is relentless.
- I refuse to give up.
- I will not give up until I've tried every possible angle.
- I will give up when I die.
When It Feels Like Your Best Isn't Enough
- I am committed to positive thoughts.
- I refuse to criticize myself.
- I am better every day.
- I am the definition of great going on excellent.
- I can feel perfection coming.
- I love my weaknesses because they make me strong.
When You Can't Make Up Your Mind
- I know my instincts will guide me to the right decision.
- I clear my mind of distracting thoughts.
- I hear everyone's opinions, but only I can decide.
- I'm connected to wisdom greater than myself.
When You and Your Family Are at Each Other's Throats
- I know my family loves me even if they don't understand me.
- I know that our problems can't be solved in a day, but we can love each other now.
- I receive their feedback with an open heart and mind.
- I choose to love my family despite their flaws.
When You Can't Sleep
- I am going home to dreamland.
- I let go of my worries for the night.
- I will revisit my thoughts tomorrow.
- I feel the rhythm of my breath rocking me to sleep.
- I will sleep deeply tonight.
When You Worry Too Much
- I let go of the worries that drain me.
- I attract wealth and abundance like a magnet.
- I trust that I can love and provide for my family.
- I determine my future with hard work and passion.
When You Can't Get Motivated to Start the Day
- Today is my opportunity to kick ass.
- I am at peace and free from outcome.
- Today I will surprise myself with confidence.
- I will mold my day with my power.
- My thought's shape my reality, not my circumstances.
A Quick Recap
- Using a list of positive affirmations helps us realize the potential that our desire has by verbally affirming our beliefs.
- Your thought patterns are grouped in cycles of thought-speech-action.
- Replacing negative thought patterns with positive ones leads to positive actions.
- When you speak with optimism, you build confidence in your ability to move people with your emotions while getting your point across effectively.
I hope that my list of positive affirmations has inspired you to write some of your own. You're welcome to use mine though if you'd like.
I'd be impressed if you stood in front of the bathroom mirror and chanted "The sand in my pants is from love island" over and over again.
Just be sure your husband or wife isn't recording you from behind the door.
You'll never live it down, trust me.